Friday, September 7, 2012

Book Haul plus News plus a Challege (so many pluses)

Books I have read: 

The patricia Briggs books, I have read by I checked them out of the library. I saw those 3 for 1.50 and had to buy them. The Memoirs of a Geisha I used to own a long time ago, but I lent it out to someone and never got it back.

These are the books I haven't read:


Let me know if anyone of you guys have read them, and what you thought about them.
Also, every Monday I am going to spotlight a blog or author that I have been enjoying lately. Let me know what you guys think about that. 
Also, another blogger has done a challenge and convinced it to do it as well. http://www.savagelullabye.com/2012/why-i-write-this-blog/:
"This was written in response to a challenge I threw out that was thrown back at me. I said “go write 200 words on why you write”"

         This is the story of how why I write my blog (yay).  This summer I was reading a book a day almost. After, it was all said and done I felt like there should be something more productive that I could have done with my reading. I thought about journaling, but I wanted to do something more social than that. I don’t have many friends who read, or even read the types of books I do. So I tried to think of ways that I could make my reading more of a social experience. Then, after I thought for a while a book blog came to my mind. I didn't even realize at the time how many networks there were to get involved in. I did a good search and the first website it pulled up was http://bookblogs.ning.com. I started reading about blogs, and how all these people had one. I didn't realize it was such a big community. So I made one, and here I am. Now that I have been writing my blog I have been meeting awesome bloggers and authors who share my passion for books. I have never had so many people to talk to about books. It has always been such a solitary activity for me.  I’m so thankful that I have been meeting so many great people, thanks everyone! :)

Now I challenge you to do this as well, and let me know if you do so I can read it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment