Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Review: Love and Blood by Jessica Gibson (18 and up)


Title: Love and Blood

Author: Jessica Gibson          

Genre: Paranormal

Tour Host: Lady Amber's Tours







Blurb:
Bronwyn Fitzgibbons was young and reckless. It was easy for Ronan to steal her human life and make her a vampire. She ran, but she never forgot him--or how he made her feel.

Rider saved Bronwyn from the new life she loathed and the new self she detested. His love restored her sanity.

Now Ronan is back to claim her. She struggles like hell against him, but she cannot deny the overwhelming power of her maker. Will Bronwyn surrender to the one who could possess her utterly? Or can she find the strength to choose the one who loves her as she is?

Review:
This book was very fast paced. It was a pretty short book. The characters were pretty likable, except for Ronan. Ronan was the bad boy after Bronwyn's heart. He was her maker. Rider is the good guy. He truly loves and wants to be with Bronwyn. She can't decide between the two. They are both in her life competing for a place in her heart. On top of all this they are involved in a werewolf dispute. With all these problems Browyn is overwhelmed. It was a pretty uncomplicated world, which was nice because I am a little tired of a lot of world building. I liked the simplicity of it. It has vampires, werewolves, and fae. I always love when werewolves are included, since they are my favorite supernatural being. It sounded like there is going to be a second book, so I will definitely be checking that out.

Rating: out of 5
Does my rating agree?
Goodreads: 3.94
Amazon: 4.5



Author Bio: 

Jessica Gibson is a recovering bookaholic, she's down from four books a week to a more reasonable one. It was that love of words and creativity that made her dream about writing her first book. That dream was hidden for years, always put on the back burner, filed away in the "someday" section, until her husband Matt gave her the kick in the pants she needed to actually get off her butt and write.
Jessica and Matt live in Southern California and have a serious addiction to reality tv shows like Pawn Stars and American Restoration. They have one son and hope to add to the family in the near future.
Aside from writing, she runs an online event planning business called the Release Day Diva. In addition to novels, Jessica writes and maintains the blog Book on the Bright Side. Keep up with Jessica and her latest releases and events on her blog.

Links
Twiter: @jessicajgibson


Excerpt:
She hated herself right now, loathed what she was doing to Rider and to herself. After a while, she grew tired of hating herself; so she wandered into her room. She lay down on her bed, wanting nothing more than to turn off the horrible thoughts in her head.
She heard a soft tap at the window. She knew who it would be before she turned to look. “I can’t do this tonight Ronan; I thought I made myself clear when I left earlier.”
“You said what you wanted to say, yes? I, however, did not. I’m asking as a courtesy to you; so either open the window or I will break it.” His tone left no room to refuse.
Bronwyn got up slowly and opened the window, allowing him entrance into the room. He sat down on the bed and studied her before speaking. “Would you care to sit?” He gestured to the bed next to him.
“I’ll stand, thanks.” She shot back and leaned back against her dresser. “Say what you have to say and leave, Ronan, I’m really not in the mood for this.”
“I’m not going to change, you know that. The idea of having a soul or a conscience is absurd to me. We are Vampire!” he shouted. Ronan’s expression softened, “I love you Bronwyn; you’ve intrigued me since I first saw you. I sired you because once I spoke to you, I could not be without you.” He was next to her in a split second and he gently caressed her cheek.
Despite her earlier resolve, she turned into him and kissed his lips. “Loving you has never been the issue, Ronan; I never stopped. I just can’t stand the senseless killing.”
“Did you, yourself, not kill tonight? I tasted blood on your lips,” He said..
“I did; but you and I both know it's different.”
“It’s not.”
Bronwyn looked at him, sadly. “This is where we always end up.” Tears slipped down her cheeks, leaving behind red streaks. She tried to hold them back, but everything within her was broken. “I can’t just turn off my humanity like a switch. I refuse to do that, Ronan. I. Will. Not.” She sobbed into his chest, beating her hands against him.
“I can’t let you go,” he whispered into her hair. He tipped her chin up and brushed his lips against her. “Is this where we are then?” He whispered.
“I can’t...”
He kissed her once more and vanished into the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment