Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Review: Real by Katy Evans


Synopsis:
A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

Review:
Initial reactions: Loved Remy! Didn't really care for Brooke.

At first, I was like does Remy talk? I was a little disappointed, but as I got to know him and his character, I started to understand. He is definitely the ultimate alpha male. He is strong and caring. He just wants to take care of the woman he loves.

Brooke pissed me off way too many times. She goes and does that with Scorpion, and doesn't even think that they would do that. I knew that would happen from the second Scorpion asked her to do that. I was like omg you stupid women! Then she freaking left him, I was like what the crap? He freaking needs you... I really did feel like she was overly sexed. I wanted to tell her to calm down a little bit.

Throughout the book I thought things were phrased weirdly. I think that kind of stuff threw me a little bit. The grammar could definitely use a little work.

Overall, did I enjoy the book? Yes, I did enjoy it. Do I think it should be a stand alone? Yes. I am actually disappointed that it is going to be a series. I might not read the rest of the books, and just leave it at this one

                                                                      Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment