Friday, August 30, 2013

Review: Heartstrings by Heather Gunter


Title: Heartstrings (Love Notes #2)
Author: Heather Gunter
Genre: YA (Romance)
Publication Date:  August 3, 2013
Event Organized by:  Into the Night Reviews



Synopsis:
Everyone thinks of me as this happy and upbeat person. What they don't know is that I carry a deep, dark secret. Something horrible happened to me a year ago, and I have kept it quiet all this time. I was fine for a while, but somehow it’s chosen this time to come back, and it's eating at me--like a cancer.

I need to tell someone about it, I just don't know how. I'm pushing everyone I love away, including my mom and my best friend Charlie.

Then there is Will. Handsome, sweet Will. We went out on a date a while back, but then the incident happened leaving me crushed and him confused.

How do you tell someone you care about all of your secrets, and will they still want you when the truth comes out?

Review:
This book was pretty awesome. I think this is one of the few books about rape that was true to the healing process. I love how she was encouraged to report it. I think that it is one of the most important things a rape survivor can do, because it helps build a case against a rapist. 

While this book can be read as a stand-alone, I wish I had read the first book before the second one. I feel like by reading the second one first I missed out on all the things that were about Charlie and Maverick. 

Tori was very likable, and I like that she was a survivor. When she finally confronted it, she did not back down. I loved that she fought to get a normal life back. I loved Will, he was so supportive and sweet. He was exactly was Tori needed. I think they make a really cute couple. 

I suggest you guys check out this book. It is a pretty clean read for the teenagers, and it is a very engaging story. 

FTC: This book was given to me for an HONEST review.

Rating: 4 out of 5 




Author bio and social networking links:
Heather is a devoted mother of three gorgeous boys.  She balances spending as much time with them as possible with writing, updating her Into the Night Reviews book blog and her day job.  Her love of animals sees her home in Canton, GA bursting with numerous dogs and ferrets.

Heather campaigns passionately for anti-bullying initiatives and has a strong conviction to reduce peoples suffering at the hands of bullies.

A talented singer, who once dreamed of pursuing a career in that field, she has put that goal aside in exchange for her writing.  A self proclaimed geek, whatever spare time she has is spent curled on the couch reading and listening to music.


Purchase Links:
Paperback copies available from Createspace: https://www.createspace.com/4387074

Click here, or the picture below to view the full tour schedule:


No comments:

Post a Comment