Saturday, July 6, 2013

Musician Spotlight: Martina Desiree


Hello! My name is Martina Desiree, I am a 17 year old Musician/Song Writer! Music is my passion, not a day goes by when I don't go get an instrument and play my heart out. I love writing my own music because it keeps me sane. Music is the expression of emotion. Each song I write has a little piece of me, it's my way of expressing myself.

Right now I am super excited about this new project that I have started recently! It is called the Stained Glass Project! This project is to spread awareness for the issues of Suicide Prevention, Self Injury, Bullying and basically to just let people know that they are not alone.

My goal is to create a supportive community and to spread awareness. On my blog I will post things about discovering yourself, defeating depression, self- injury and low self-esteem. I post little projects/challenges and written entries. If you have any ideas or would like to get involved or help please contact me at findingyouressence@yahoo.com or personally! I would love to hear from you!

Music is such an important aspect of my life. And I have realized that I can use this passion of mine to help others. I am in the process of starting a movement called, "Hope in Lyrics." It is a movement where musicians will be able to make a difference in their community. I am currently organizing a benefit concert this fall at Jammin Java in Virginia, where all funds raised will go to To Write Love On Her Arms. (a non-profit organization.)

More details to be revealed soon! So make sure to stay in touch with my facebook page!

I love when I am able to help someone stand up when they feel like they have fallen. We are a society and I think we are meant to work together to mend each other when we forget who we really are.

Please Join The Campaign to kick the butt of self doubt and defeat your insecurities! I will be posting exciting things and ways that you can help make a difference.

http://stainedglassproject.wix.com/hope

http://stainedglassproject.tumblr.com/

https://www.facebook.com/MartinaDesiree

www.youtube.com/martinadesireemusic
     
            --I would love to hear from you!

Also if you are a musician and would like to play at the Benefit this fall please message me with a demo of your music.

If you will be on the East Coast this fall, and would like to hear more information on the Benefit please message me and I can put you on my mailing list.

Please help spread the word! And always know that you can contact me personally. I love meeting new people :)


More about Martina Desiree:
      What is your favorite instrument that you play?
Guitar is the instrument I have the most experience on, but I feel the different instruments express different feelings, so I love them all <3 I play the guitar, piano, violin, and ukulele. 

     Where do you get the inspiration for the songs that you write? 
Personal experience mostly and that is why I love it! It gives me a chance to let out all the emotions that I feel. Sometimes it is my personal reflection other times my music is based off of situations that I see my friends/people go through.

     What is your favorite song that you have written? 
One of my favorite songs that I have posted is my Anti-Bullying/Anti-Abuse song “How Many Times.”

     What advice do you have for other young musicians? 
DON’T GIVE UP! J Play your little heart out and keep at it! I know it helps me so much to be able to express myself in music.

     What kind of music do you typically listen to?
I listen to all types of music! It really depends on my mood— Mumford and Sons, Never shout never, Icona pop, Macklemore, Miranda Lambert, The Killers and so many, many more! I pretty much always have music playing all throughout the day! J

     Favorite song? 
I have so many!! Music expresses all kinds of emotions and it depends on what I want to hear. My most played song is Mr. Brightside by The Killers (Acoustic Version)

     If you could sing with one person, who would it be?
Renne Yohe!! Singer of Bearcat! (Check them out!) She is one of my inspirations! The organization To Write Love On Her Arms (non-profit organization that presents hope for people struggling with addiction, depression, self injury, and thoughts of suicide) is based off of her story.

    What is your biggest dream that you hope to accomplish?
I hope to start an organization to help the the marginalized where people go on retreats to find their essence and express themselves! I want to let people know that there is HOPE! 

Links:

I have been writing and posting songs for years on youtube here are some more in case you are interested. http://www.youtube.com/martinadesireemusic

You can listen or buy my EP at: 
                            http://martina-desiree.bandcamp.com/
                                     

                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment