Thursday, November 8, 2012

Interview with Natasha House


Cold. Fear.

Unfeeling eyes stare at Lend as he’s forced up against a metal contraption. A smile curls on the face of a blue skinned, bat-winged creature that towers above him. Blue electricity is pressed crudely to his face, and a voice slithers from the throat of the other worldly being. “There’s nowhere to run, human.”

Lend, wrenched away from his home in the wild loses everything in one eternal moment. Not only have these creatures, who call themselves Citizens, steal his world, now his freedom. Forced into the back of a speedcar the aliens take him to a warehouse. Ill fed, terrified humans huddle in the darkness waiting to be purchased by a Citizen. Losing all identity except the name human Lend fights to regain the freedom he, and his race have lost.

Purchased by the daughter of the most powerful Citizen on the planet Lend finds his world churning. The female Citizen shows him a new side of the alien race who he believed was incapable of love or trust. Jealousy rages in her relationship with her future mate, and Lend runs from the killer inamorato. With the threat of being burned alive, Lend collides straight into a force beyond his control. Does he have what it takes to become a savior? Or will he be enslaved at the hands of the powerful beings who corrupted our world- Goodreads



Zara is your typical princess, blonde, gorgeous and awaiting her prince charming. Except for one little slap in the face. Princess Zara is cursed with super powers. You'd think flying, super strength, and the ability to attract small, fuzzy animals would be awesome right? Wrong! Everything Zara touches seems to self-combust. Not to mention the fact that no boy wants to come within a cow's length of her. This poses a problem for her match making mother, who is constantly setting her up with freaky guys.

Fly with Zara as she encounters killer unicorns, mutant carrots, dragons, and evil mermaids that kidnap boys. Everything gets thrown into the air when a new boy named Gunner enrolls in her school and actually accepts her for who she is; monster magnet and all. Suddenly, magical eggs from monsters around her kingdom start to go missing. It's up to Zara to try and figure out who is stealing the monster eggs and why. A giant omelet perhaps? Or something more sinister? You'll laugh your guts out as Zara has some wack-a-do adventures and you'll bite your nails as she encounters one of the greatest battles of her life- Goodreads


Interview:
1.  What inspired your books?
The most random things inspire me. It could be a scene in my head, a phrase I hear, or a bumper sticker!
2. What inspired your characters, where they based off anything in real life?
I don’t think any of my characters in Citizen were based off any real life people. I did add a short scene with my little sister’s name. She loved that! 
3.   What other books have you written?
I have a middle grade/YA book about a superhero princess that is also published.  I have many, many, books that are spread out throughout my computer like a disease.  So many too write, so little time.  I’m pretty excited about a fantasy book I’m working on.
4. Do your books teach any morals or life lessons? If yes, what are they?
I would say Citizen does. It teaches to fight what you believe in, to never give up even when things look bad. 
5. What made you want to become a writer?
I’ve always had a huge imagination. My mom told me when I was little I’d line my stuffed animals up and say “Now you say this, and you do that.” I was writing a story even at a young age.
6. If you could only keep 5 books because of some world ending event, which would you keep? 
The Bible, The Oath by Frank Peretti, A gardening book, How to cook wild animal meat, a joke book, and probably something about shooting a bow and arrow.
7.  What is your favorite food?
I really like sausage, gravy and bisects. 
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Ireland would be pretty awesome. I think living in an old castle would rock!
9. What are your favorite genres?
I like paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi and anything that’s strange.
10.  What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Don’t give up on your dreams! Eventually that story will be finished! Editing doesn't last forever.
11. What is the best advice you have ever gotten?
The brave don’t live forever, but the cautious never live at all. 
12. What is your favorite character in your book?
My favorite character is Morthane. He’s a no nonsense kind of guy. He owns a human warehouse and has this put together attitude.  I love how his character develops and changes throughout the story. 

Links:  
Twitter: @NatashaHouse

Author Bio: Natasha House has been happily married for seven years.  She enjoys singing, playing piano, and teaching kids at her church in creative ways.  Her dream is to one day be a full time author and quit her day job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment